An important note: We are a Nut Free classroom! Please
refer to the information sent home on the first day of
school for answers to any questions regarding appropriate
foods to send to school.
It is Wednesday afternoon, September 2nd, and I am here in our classroom. I am surrounded by desks, tables, and supplies. I certainly have a lot of work to do to get ready for your first day.
By now you should have received a postcard letting you know that I will be your teacher this year. I am thrilled that we will have such a great group of students to learn with in third grade.
One of my favorite things to do in the summer is read. I have so many book choices that I often have a hard time picking one. Although I have read it many times before, I reread Charlotte's Web this month. It is fiction and has very interesting characters (but we can talk more about them and their adventures when we meet).
I have a class library overflowing with books. Some are fiction, some are non-fiction, but all are entertaining in some way. To help me prepare my library for this new school year, I am wondering what types of books you like to read. Please write the title of a book you read this summer on that postcard I mailed to you. Then bring it to school the first day. We will be talking about these books during the first week of school.
I am so very excited to start school with you on Tuesday, September 8, 2015!
When getting ready for the new year, incoming third graders to 3C should bring the following supplies the first week of school. Some of these supplies are on the 3rd Grade Supply List you received, but others are unique to 3C.
- (1) one-inch binder
- Tab dividers: one package of 8 tabs
- A small pencil sharpener
- (4) 2-Pocket Folders (red, blue, yellow, green)
- (4) wide-ruled single subject notebooks (red, blue, yellow, green)
- (2) yellow Highlighters
- (1) Box of Crayola Crayons (16 count)
- (1) Box of Crayola Broad Line Markers (12 count)
- (1) Box of Crayola Thin Line Markers (12 count)
- (1) Box of Crayola Colored Pencils (12 count)
- (1) Pair of Safety Scissors (blunt tip)
- (24) #2 Regular Pencils (Dixon Ticonderoga)
- (1) Pencil Box
- (4) Expo Dry Erase Markers (chisel tip, black only)
- (4) Pink Erasers (rectangle shaped)
- (2) Glue Sticks
- (3) Packages of Sticky Notes (3in by 3in)
- (1) Box of Tissues (Girls only)
- (1) bottle of hand sanitizer
- (1) Container of Lysol Wipes (Boys Only)